When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you ll do important work, like helping
customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career
- Maintains the warehouse under Good Manufacturing Principles and standards.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision (4 I s), Role Model Leadership (RML) and Practical Process Improvements (PPI).
- Responsible for all personnel to fill pick lists in a timely/accurate manner for production rooms to cover paper and paperless generated reports. This process includes pre-staging of materials to support production and enable on-time-job-start.
- Responsible for all personnel that moves approved items from quarantine area to approved area for use in production/distribution in a timely and accurate manner. This process is to include computer or manual generated reports.
- Responsible for all personnel to account for all rejected and sample materials to include storing, accountability and maintaining inventory accuracy .Identify any discrepancies and contact appropriate departments.
- Responsible for all personnel that stock warehouse areas for distribution/production usage. Make sure the First In First Out (FIFO) method is utilized for a proper rotation of items is followed to assure expiration dates are followed. Identify and return cancelled/delayed projects back to proper storage areas.
- Ensures all personnel perform all daily tasks assigned including the completion of move transactions, complete cycle counting to assure inventory accuracy, proper storage of all items, completion of all requests from other departments, all required training completed on time and all assigned goals are completed/achieved in a timely manner.
- Ensures inventory is properly and safely stored. Maintains warehouse for safety, neatness and organization. Makes daily inspections of all warehouse and staging areas. Reports safety incidents or violations to warehouse manager and appropriate departments.
- Utilizes all available resources to increase throughput and improve efficiencies for warehouse and logistic processes.
- Identifies discrepancies as they arise, uses problem solving abilities to solve inventory database accuracy. Report discrepancies and complaints to logistics manager.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and multitasking to assure the teams goals are meet.
- Takes on additional tasks willingly and as needed.
- Responsible for the training of all technicians and the on boarding of new or temporary technicians. Monitors all direct reports while evaluating and assisting there growth.
- Follows all FCS standard operating procedures and maintains the training and retraining when applicable.
- Revises/creates SOP s to incorporate procedural changes for the purpose of overall quality.
- Able to record discrepancies into Trackwise Data Base and investigate to find root cause and create preventive actions.
- Able to pass background checks for DEA and TSA responsibilities.
- Capable of recognizing areas of improvement and implementing change when needed.
- 5 years of inventory/warehouse experience and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory skills or equivalent.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver s license. Must be forklift certified or have the ability to be certified.
- Background with managing skills and team building.
- Capable of speaking in front of direct reports while showing leadership skills.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills within a department or interdepartmental.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good Math and Writing skills with strong Leadership capabilities.