Machine Operator I
Allentown, PA 18109
Duration : 11/14/2016 to 08/13/2017
$13.75/hr on w2
- Operate previously set-up electrical discharge machines, radial or straight, to shape metal work pieces under direct supervision.
- Perform fabrication of simple electrodes or dress electrodes under supervision.
- Position and secure work pieces on electrical discharge machine table with clamps, vice or fixture. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrode to insure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using such measuring instruments as caliper and dial indicators.
- Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current, frequency and electrode feed rate according to information on chart and/or knowledge of electrical discharge machining procedures.
- Turn valve to immerse electrode and work piece in dielectric coolant circulating bath.
- Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Move controls to position electrode over work piece.
- Inspect first piece using measuring instruments for conformance to specifications. Maintain measured dimension list. Inspect key dimensions on each piece and record dimensions.
- Check set-up and electrode at the start of each shift.
- Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
- Maintain company production and quality standards.
- Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.