277 Susquehanna Trail Home: 610-351-3962
Allentown, PA 18104 Cell: 973-641-1617
Operations and Warehouse Management Professional with extensive distribution, production, logistics and inventory experience. Self-motivated, dedicated, dynamic goal oriented manager with strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills coupled with an exceptional ability to hire, train, develop and lead teams to achieve and exceed production objectives. Excellent business acumen with budget, finance and strategic planning experience. Excel in identifying processes and areas for continuous improvement then developing and implementing effective strategies and process improvements to maximize productivity. Collaborative, adaptive, analytical, conscientious, innovative, resourceful, creative problem solver, experienced in all aspects of warehouse distribution management, logistics and production. Experienced in Six Sigma, Lean, 5S & ISO standards. Six Sigma White Belt Certified. Experienced in union labor environment.
Merieux NutriSciences - Allentown, PA 6/2016 – Current
Manage department personnel conducting preparation and analysis of food samples and ensure operations are in accordance with SOP’s and assigned tasks. Read, calculate and record analysis data for client reports. Train department personnel on correct procedures and new analysis methods. Maintain departmental lab supplies and instrumentation.
Maintain work schedules for personnel to ensure efficient operations. Manage HR programs, hiring, training and reviews
NORTHWEST PALLET SUPPLY/Home Depot- Allentown, PA 5/2015 – 6/2016
On Site Operations Manager
Manage, direct and coordinate all inbound /outbound operations and workflow productivity for NWP's largest client account site. Responsible for daily production goals, quality, P&L, inventory, MHE & production supplies management, purchasing, HR functions, hiring, training, and account management. Manage 1 on site manager, 2 supervisors and 30 employees.
* Streamlined operations and achieved account P&L profitability within first 3 months.
* Instituted immediate cost savings and innovations to reduce waste and improve operations.
PENSKE LOGISTICS / Knoll-Allentown, PA 5/2014 – 10/2014
- Process administrative system logistics and database management for all inbound /outbound shipments .
- Prepare all shipping documentation and coordinate transportation for outbound shipments.
PENSKE LOGISTICS / BMW-Nazareth, PA 5/2013 – 12/2013
Outbound Operations Manager
- Managed Penske 3PL transition/hiring/training of 4 leads/70 employees for all outbound operations
- Managed picking, packing, shipping, inventory and maintenance departments for largest BMW DC.
- Analyzed key performance metrics to plan, coordinate and maximize order production and shipping.
Key accomplishment: Successful integration of my Penske 3PL team initiating outbound operations.
CLOSET FACTORY - Fleetwood, PA 3/2012 – 4/2013
- Supervise manufacture and on site installations custom closet systems for homes and businesses.
- Managed materials inventory for most efficient JIT utilization in manufacturing processes.
THERMOFISHER SCIENTIFIC - Nazareth, PA 8/2011 - 2/2012
Key member of start-up Leadership Team for brand new distribution center. Managed order picking department encompassing 4 major areas: refrigeration, chemicals, small parts and bulk case /pallets. Responsibilities included hiring, training, coordinating and executing production goals, logistics, inventory replenishment and order wave management. Initially managed packing & shipping departments as well.
Key accomplishment: Key member of start- up management team that consolidated 5 distribution centers into Nazareth DC over a 9 week period, growing from a non shipping start up to the largest DC in the network.
- Managed 20+ employees picking 50K lines and $20M per week in fully automated warehouse.
- Member of Leadership Management Team responsible for DC production goals, logistics and performance.
- Analyzed production metrics to ensure 100% of customer orders are processed in established timeframe.
- Member of Chemical Spill Emergency Response Hazmat Team / First Aid/Safety Teams/DOT Regulations.
AMERISOURCEBERGEN - Bethlehem, PA 2/2006 - 8/2011
Managed order fulfillment and returns departments for Fortune 30 pharmaceutical distributor, including hiring, training and coordinating daily production goals, logistics, inventory replenishment and objectives.
Order Fulfillment Supervisor
- Managed 20-60 employees picking 300K lines and $200M per week in fully automated warehouse.
- Improved on-time picking performance by 25% by carefully monitoring /analyzing performance metrics.
- Teamed with inventory department to target inventory needs and improve replenishment times by 30%.
- Project Management: Trained, advised and help implement PKMS WMS at ABC Boston division.
AMERISOURCEBERGEN - Bethlehem, PA
- Played key contributing role in new distribution center start up operations and strategic planning.
- Managed returns departments hiring and training 10 employees in SOP’s and procedures.
- Generated $250K annual savings for company through cycle counts, RTS ideas and innovations
- Coordinated all vendor, 3PL, charitable and destruction shipments and logistics to reduce NS inventory
- Project Management: Trained, advised and implemented Medturn vendor return procedures in ABC Richmond and Boston divisions.
AMETEK /EDAX - Mahwah, NJ 1/1995 - 2/2006
Directed all aspects of $2M international and domestic service part orders, vendor and detector repair orders including $20M European sales orders for large international electronic instrument manufacturer.
Customer Service Logistics
- Improved customer service response rate by 50% initiating key process and procedure changes.
- Increased on time service order fill rate to 90% target and maintained annually.
- Deputy Export Control Officer and served as auditor for ISO 9000 Internal Auditing Team.
- Produced master manufacturing production schedule for production, sales and logistics departments.
Technical Sales /OrderAdministrator- Managed/coordinated trade show logistics. Managed and all technical literature distribution. Managed logistics for domestic and European sales & service orders.
B.S. Business Administration ∙ Graduated summa cum laude 2001
Caldwell University -Caldwell, NJ
Experienced in Warehouse RF systems
PKMS, SAP, YMS, JD Edwards, MS Office/Outlook
AS400, Kronos, ADP-E-time, Lotus Notes
First Aid/CPR Training
Adept at researching/assimilating tech skills
Chemical Spill / Hazmat & DOT Hazmat Training
Pryor Strategic Management Seminars
Raymond MHE equipment-“Train The Trainer”
MEMBERSHIPS / VOLUNTEER
Knights of Columbus, Orefield Council Lehigh Valley Professionals Organization